Friday, July 1, 2011

Finally Done

I am officially done with classes! That is really nice to say. I had three tests on Wednesday and a presentation on Thursday. So far, I know I made an A- on my French test, and I made a B on my French Literature test. I just hope I end up making A’s in both of my classes, so we will see. Today we had a closing ceremony, so I am also officially done with the European Summer Program, which is sad and nice to say at the same time. I felt like my classes dragged me down this summer, so I am looking forward to my last week in Europe stress free from classes.
Last night, we had a farewell dinner at L’Omnia restaurant. It was one of the better meals of the trip. The restaurant itself had a cool layout, and it used to be a brothel. I had a really good salad with goat cheese and bread, beef stew and fries, and then tiramisu. I have never had tiramisu, but it was really yummy! They also gave each table some rose wine to start with, a few bottles of red wine, and I then had a beer. Overall I had a good meal!
We started early and celebrated class ending last night, and it was a lot of fun! We left the dorm pretty late last night at like 12am to start our night. We first went to La Plage, but we heard they were charging people to get in, so I followed people to Vieux Lille. There was a particular bar they wanted to go to, and Vieux Lille is made up of a maze of streets, so I am surprised we did end up finding it. It was some random and pretty empty bar, but we ended up having a blast anyway and stayed the whole night until we went home. I had this drink made up of beer and orange liquor, and it was really good. At one point someone had found this stuffed animal rabbit and called him Wittle Wabbit. It was probably full of diseases but we were all drunk and in love with it. Eventually someone threw him up on a balcony and we were all pretty emotional and upset. I got attached to that thing!
I am looking forward to spending my weekend in Lille. This is the first weekend that I am not traveling somewhere, so I can relax and do all the things in Lille that I haven’t gotten around too. I want to go to Vieux Lille tomorrow to the Notre Dame, and this coffee shop that is supposed to have a good view of the city. I also want to do some shopping this weekend; France has this month long sale, so I want to take advantage of that. I get to sleep in tomorrow too! I have only been able to do that like once since I have been there, so I am extremely excited for that. I hated waking up at 7:30am every day.
Well not much else has happened this week since I have been tied up studying for my exams. This weekend should be an eventful one, though!

1 comment:

  1. Ay yo homegirl :) glad you're having a blast! You should bring me a present...just sayin'.

    je t'aime!

    ReplyDelete