Sunday, July 3, 2011

Last Days in Lille...

My last French class was ok. We watched a French movie with French subtitles, but I understood most of it, which was surprising. We then had the closing ceremony and got to watch a presentation full of pictures, which was entertaining. I then had a free afternoon and didn’t know what to do with myself. The boys were doing a cookout, so I just hung out outside all afternoon. The hotdogs were pretty yummy! Hannah, Claire, Stephan, and I went to a Chinese restaurant on Sulferino for dinner, and I got beef, green peppers, and rice. It was pretty good. I tried ordering a une carafe d’eau and the waitress just gave me a weird look, so I had to buy a bottle of water. Later on, I saw two girls with a carafe d’eau, which pissed me off. I don’t know why I couldn’t get one. I then tried to take my bottle of water with me out of the restaurant, and they wouldn’t let me. Complete bs. I was pissed abut that too.
Later that night we were pre-drinking an ended up in my room. My neighbor, who hasn’t been there for weeks, was getting pissed at us for being loud. She knocked on my door three seconds after we got to my room and later on banged on the while for us to shut-up. There were only like five people in my room, and we were only there for like 45 minutes. It was a Friday night, so I don’t understand what her problem was! She left a note on my door and Claire’s door the next day. Claire didn’t even go out that night, so I don’t know why she got a note too! The note said, “Please would you STOP making noise tonight. I’m working for exams which are this week. Would you respect the persons who sleep and their tranquility.” This girl has been gone for three weeks, and now she comes back for exams? I don’t believe her. Someone in my program that their French neighbor said exams were over weeks ago, so the whole situation just makes me mad. I don’t like living in the nerdy dorm.
Anyway we went to Latina when we went out that night, and it was fun. It was my first time going there, but I am glad I did. It was something different. I just danced as always. After that we drunkenly got some food from a stand outside, and me and Hannah split a hamburger. I don’t eat hamburgers, so I don’t know why I ate it. Oh well, it was pretty good.
The next day I got to sleep in! I took advantage of it and woke up at like 12:30. It was so nice. I think that is my first time sleeping in here! It turned out to be a bad idea though because when we went to go out to lunch at 2:30pm all the restaurants were closed. We were in pretty bad moods because we wasted a lot of time wandering around trying to find somewhere to eat. We ran into other people and they said there were food stands at the park, so we headed there. After eating, we went to the zoo. I love the zoo. I like that is free; that’s one good thing about France! Later on we cooked out again and had a family dinner. Me and Claire bought hotdogs, frozen veggies that were really good, and Magnum chocolate ice cream bars. I had an excellent meal! I liked eating together too; we really are a family.
We all went out again. It was some of our group’s last night, so that was my excuse to go out for the 4th day in a row. I wanted to go to Smile, but we never made it unfortunately. We just went to Latina and 7th Heaven. The night was ok. I wasn’t expecting my last night in Lille to be what it was, but I had fun with everyone.
I woke up at 11am today and went to the market with Pranj. She was leaving at 1pm for her train, so we went there for like 30 minutes. I just wanted to go one last time. I bought some cheetah print pants and this eye shadow compact for one euro! I then said my goodbyes to some of our group, which was really sad and depressing. I love everyone soooo much! Hannah and I then ate sushi in Vieux Lille and walked around downtown to shop, but all the stores were closed. We will go shopping tomorrow! I got a waffle with nutella and whipped cream, and after holding it 5 seconds, half of my whipped cream falls off. I was a little angry at that haha. I am now gonna go layout an read my book, and just enjoy this nice, summery day outside. We are having a chill night tonight, and I am perfectly ok with that. I have to pack today, so sad to say. Ahhh I can’t believe I am leaving. It hasn’t sunk in. I WILL come back to France one day. That’s the only thing I can say to make leaving this place easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment